Foreign Law "basics" series for various jurisdictions
The topic last week about balancing electronic and print materials is one I plan to take up on a panel at AALL this summer. More details later. This week I am responding here to messages I received on other lists about foreign jurisdictions and which ones publish a "basics" series such as Irwin Law's Essentials of Canadian Law. I suggested the Que sais-je? series for France from Presses Universitaires de France.. To provide more detail, I looked at the 2005-2006 catalogue at or you can go to www.puf.com to look at the jazzy site with lots of ads. Very French. The series exists not just for law but many other disciplines and is considered an encyclopedia of basic information, but sophisticated. Not at all like the "dummies" books and so forth in that these are scholarly.
I'm going to hunt for some others or take your comments. Come on, folks- I know some of you are reading because you've emailed me to ask for the details to be posted. And I'm glad to do so. Blogging is fun!
1 Comments:
Greetings,
I know this post is a few years old; has anything more been done with - published about this?
Many thanks,
Kim
Post a Comment
<< Home