This database seems to be very similar to International Law Reports (ILR) in concept. Has anyone subscribed to the database and done a comparison? Also, those who have subscribed, what are some of the pros and cons re? Thanks, Lyonette.
We bought this through NELLCO and it has come in handy a couple of times. I doubt it gets much use, however. The biggest flaw is the paucity of cases; I checked today and there seem to be about 212 cases. The quality of the translations and commentary is very good. --Mary Rumsey
I heard from a sales contact that ILDC is the first phase of a larger database project launching over the next year or so, with additional modules to cover human rights, criminal law, and international courts.
I did get the impression that the initial subscribership to ILDC has been a disappointment, so pricing for the additional modules will be interesting.
, Pritzker Legal Research Center, Northwestern Univ. School of Law
Instructions for posting:
Please include the following information for your posts and comments when you refer to a foreign or international title:
1) Journal or book title; 2) Publisher; 3) Cost for print and/or electronic source, if available; 4) English translation (if available); 5) URL for publisher;
and 6) Any other basic bibliographic information. Thank you!
2 Comments:
We bought this through NELLCO and it has come in handy a couple of times. I doubt it gets much use, however. The biggest flaw is the paucity of cases; I checked today and there seem to be about 212 cases.
The quality of the translations and commentary is very good.
--Mary Rumsey
I heard from a sales contact that ILDC is the first phase of a larger database project launching over the next year or so, with additional modules to cover human rights, criminal law, and international courts.
I did get the impression that the initial subscribership to ILDC has been a disappointment, so pricing for the additional modules will be interesting.
Post a Comment
<< Home