Well, Colleagues, I'm in Starbucks across from the Fairmont Hotel in DC and no time like the present to practice for the revived blog. I would like for it to move beyond collection development and call in the FCIL Blog or we could have a contest to name it something clever like R2B (Responsibility to Blog). OK, maybe lame and too arcane. In any event, new among the specialized exhibiters are the flyers on the Hague JOurnal on the Rule of Law from Cambridge and I'm hoping to hear about the new monograph at an authors' event. Ellen Lutz and Caitlin Reiger will talk about their new CUP book Prosecuting HEads of State.
Just heard a great panel on applying the rule of law to the U.N. Security Council itself. When I was in law school I wrote a paper on Hans Kelsen and his notion of the Grundnorm or basic law that is that from which consitutions and legal systems cannot derogate: a kind of rule of law jus cogens. I'm eager to find out what has been written on this after hearing about the SC role in the listing or terrorist persons and organizations and appeal to even the least democratic states to criminalize (undefined) terrorism.
Marylin Raisch
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home